DPA were delighted to be involved in the renovation of this old Church dating back from 1888. The building had been used as a furniture store for 24 years and needed a complete conversion to house the new restaurant, cocktail bar and 3 flats for multiple occupation on the ground floor.
The building already consisted of an impressive portico with decorative fenestration and parapets constructed in a neo-classical style. On completion of the project the overall external appearance remained the same, except for a new outside seating area and railings.
Sound proofing measures were incorporated into the scheme to provide minimum noise transfer between floors and environmentally friendly materials were used as much as possible on the works.
The conversion scheme utilised the existing building in its entirety and did not require extensions – internal demolition was kept to a minimum to retain the existing features of the building. The building is now a beautiful, stylish restaurant space.
“DPA were always on hand to provide the technical design support we needed when getting our new restaurant organised.
They were professional, calm and provided us with young, fresh ideas which we feel reflects their modern approach to design. They gave us plenty of time and worked hard to ensure our visions of what our restaurant would look like became a reality. They provided 3D images for us to hang on the wall of the old restaurant prior to moving, which was an excellent talking point for our customers. We are so pleased with the end result.”
Carolyn and Paulo Lepone