Project Description

DPA were delighted to work with Moreton Hall School on the design of their new sports pavilion, to support the needs of the Sports Department, a new, larger Sports Pavilion was planned, designed and built with water and electricity supplies, changing rooms, kitchen facilities, and a club room.

The original Pavilion was constructed single-handedly in 1935 by the school carpenter, Mr Broughall, who worked at the school from 1919 till the mid-1950s. The Pavilion was truly a lovely example of 1930s quality craftsmanship, but signs of age and general wear and tear started to show and DPA wanted to stay true to its Edwardian roots in design and with the pavilion being positioned on the pitches in such a way that it is possible to view more than one pitch from the veranda.